Collecting Results from Results Box

quantumlottie
Hello

Is there anyway to collect the data in a results box and save it to a
text file or excel file?

Charlotte

http://www.international-marine.com   International Marine Coatings.
http://www.international-pc.com       International Protective Coatings.
http://www.yachtpaint.com             International Yacht Coatings.
Confidentiality Note:

This message, including attachments, is confidential and
may be privileged. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender then delete and destroy the original
message and all copies. You should not copy, forward
and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without
permission of the sender. If you receive this e-mail message
in error please notify us immediately by e-mail at [hidden email]

Re: Collecting Results from Results Box

Wayne Rasband
> Is there anyway to collect the data in a results box
> and save it to a  text file or excel file?

Here are three ways:

   1) Right-click in the "Results" window and select "Save As" from the
pop-up menu.
   2) Select Save As from the File menu in the "Results" window.
   3) Use ImageJ's  File>Save As>Measurements command.

You can also right-click in the "Results" window, select "Copy All",
switch to Excel, and paste. Or, click on the "Results" window, type
ctrl-a (select all), ctrl-c (copy), then switch to Exel and type ctrl-v
(paste).

-wayne

Re: Collecting Results from Results Box

Brent Wood
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Holmes, Charlotte wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is there anyway to collect the data in a results box and save it to a
> text file or excel file?

Please pass any replies to me as well?

We are using imageJ to collect a wide range of values from seabed imagery
and something allowing us to scrape text from output windows to write to a
file or database would be very useful.

Thanks

  Brent Wood
 ([hidden email])

Re: Collecting Results from Results Box

Robert Baer
You have received some useful suggestions already, but I don't think anyone
has mentioned the nice Excel Writer plugin written by Kurt DeVos.   You can
find the plugin at:
http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/plugins/excel-writer.html

Good luck,
Rob Baer

> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Holmes, Charlotte wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Is there anyway to collect the data in a results box and save it to a
>> text file or excel file?
>>

> Please pass any replies to me as well?
>
> We are using imageJ to collect a wide range of values from seabed imagery
> and something allowing us to scrape text from output windows to write to a
> file or database would be very useful.
>

> Thanks
>
>  Brent Wood
> ([hidden email])

Re: Collecting Results from Results Box

Katha Anki Reddy
Dear Brent

if i understtod ur question,

results table will have option (save as), and it automaticaaly saves as
Results.txt

regards
anki

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Brent Wood wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Aug 2005, Holmes, Charlotte wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > Is there anyway to collect the data in a results box and save it to a
> > text file or excel file?
> >

> Please pass any replies to me as well?
>
> We are using imageJ to collect a wide range of values from seabed imagery
> and something allowing us to scrape text from output windows to write to a
> file or database would be very useful.
>

> Thanks
>
>   Brent Wood
>  ([hidden email])

Re: Collecting Results from Results Box

Brent Wood
Ideally I want to append data. But yes, the output is the result of an
ImageJ operation on an image, and rather than manually transcribe or cut &
paste, I'd like a more automated/intelligent way to capture the results.

I am looking at having someone write a program to scrape text from an
(ImageJ) window & save to file, or even filter text fields & insert into a
database table directly. Just need to get some funding approved.

Brent

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Katha Anki Reddy wrote:

> Dear Brent
>
> if i understtod ur question,
>
> results table will have option (save as), and it automaticaaly saves as
> Results.txt
>
> regards
> anki

Re: Collecting Results from Results Box

ssim
Hi Brent,

If you store the measurements  in the result table(default), the data will
be appened to the result table everytime you run an image analysis anyway.
What I have done is that I put all the images of interest in one folder,
and run my image analysis for each image in the folder (automated proces),
results for each image were then appened to the same result table. After
finishing my analysis,  the content of the result table was saved to the
specified path.

I have also done in a slighly different way, instead of using the default
result table in ImageJ, I stored measurements in a text window...and use
append function to append the new measurements to the exisitng data....the
data wers stored in text format , and can be easily exported to a
database....I hope it help...

void writeResultMean(){
           if (mtwMean==null){
            titleMean = "Mean values";
            headingMean =
"Name\tWidth\tCount\tArea\tstd\tPerimeter\tstd\tAngle\tstd\tAR\tstd\tComp\tstd\tRound\tstd\tForm
 Factor\tstd\tEq Diam\tstd";
            mtwMean = new TextWindow(titleMean, headingMean, aLineMean,
850, 180);
           }
             else mtwMean.append(aLineMean);
      }

Stella

Re: Collecting Results from Results Box

ssim
Hi Brent again,

That piece of java code was copied from Shape_descriptor plugin by Gary
Chinga
http://home.online.no/~gary.c/IJ/Shape.htm

Stella

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005, Stella Sim wrote:

> Hi Brent,
>
> If you store the measurements  in the result table(default), the data will
> be appened to the result table everytime you run an image analysis anyway.
> What I have done is that I put all the images of interest in one folder,
> and run my image analysis for each image in the folder (automated proces),
> results for each image were then appened to the same result table. After
> finishing my analysis,  the content of the result table was saved to the
> specified path.

Umm... perhaps if I explain better what our "analysis" comprises.

We have an image of the seabed (actually hundreds).

This has two spots from laser lights to allow us to determine scale. We
measure these then cut a 50cmx50cm sub-image which we use for the actual
analysis. The "analyses" comprise selecting certaim brigtnes/color pixels
(manually- via the sliders, not pixel by pixel) to delineate areas of
rock, mud, sand, shell, gravel, cobbles, etc. Then we can get the area (&
%) of each image which is a particular substrate. The user then
marks/counts the numbers of various taxa which may be present; fish,
anemones, corals, urchins, starfish, etc, identified as well as the image
(& our knowledge of the taxa) permits.

Because we get several area results & counts for each image, simply
writing them to the results file doesn't let us know which record (row) in
the file pertains to which substrate or which count pertains to which taxa.

The scraping app I'm envisaging will allow extra fields to be entered (or
picked from a list) so that we can, for example, pick sand, then click
the result box to have a sand record grabbed & saved (with the extra field
"sand" included).

Because of the wide range of substrates & taxa which may or may not be
present, and issues with identifying them, we can't automate the process,
and we don't want users processing all the images for "sand" then
reopening & processing for each substrate, etc, as your approach (as I
read it) requires, we want an image at a time processed for all it's
content to be recorded.

This requires manual identification of each reading saved, which is not
currently possible. (If I'm wrong on this please tell me how!!)

My programming skills are close to zero, I can spell C but Gava is a
problem :-) So I'm totally dependent on someone to implement it for me...
hence the searching for $$ to fund it. I don't think such a a capability
is complex or difficult, but seems to be unusual.

Thanks for those who are offering suggestions, 'tis appreciated!

  Brent