Groupware question

Abramoff-Michael
This is a bit of topic, but I was hoping some of you have experience with the following:
I am going to be funded by NIH which is good. It is a multicenter project that involves imaging and a LOT of administration. I would like to use groupware (such as ivata or lucane) to have a collaborative website that investigators / administrative people can log into for storing all papers/drafst/budgets/account/bills/timetables/reporting stuff. It should use SSL for HIPAA reasons, should be open source and Java based for easier future interaction with ImageJ, have calendar and email alerting function etc.
Are any of you looking at or using such groupware?

Thanks, Michael

Michael D. Abràmoff, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology / Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, PFP 11290C
200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City, IA 52242
USA

Tel: +1 319 384 5833. Secretary Val Bell: +1 319 356 3938.
Skype michael-abramoff [hidden email]

Re: Groupware question

Smith, Mike
Michael,

KDE's Kontact should meet most of your requirements, but it's not Java-based.
  http://kontact.org/

Mike Smith