Images from Digital Holographic Microscopy

Images from Digital Holographic Microscopy

Violeta Calin
Dear all,

I am looking for plugins in Image J to analyze quantitative phase images reconstructed from Digital Holographic Microscopy. This type of image has an attached .txt file, containing a phase shift value (in radians) for each pixel. I would like to extract from .txt file statistical parameters and specific parameters such as dry mass and morphological features of cells and nuclei.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Violeta

Violeta CALIN, PhD

Dept. of Biophysics and Cell Biotechnology

"Carol Davila" University of Medicine and Pharmacy
8 Eroii Sanitari Blv., Sector 5
Bucharest, ROMANIA
www.umfcaroldavila.ro<http://www.umfcaroldavila.ro/>

Phase_snap.tif (977K) Download Attachment

Re: Images from Digital Holographic Microscopy

Herbie
Greetings Violeta!

"I would like to extract from .txt file statistical parameters [...]"

Sorry, but it is far from clear what you want because you didn't attach
the mentioned text file.

The attached tif-image is a phase image (at least the gray-scale tells
this) and you don't tell us *what* you would like to extract from it.

I have no idea how "dry mass and morphological features of cells and
nuclei" are related to this phase image.

Please tell us more details about the task.

Regards

Herbie

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Am 18.04.21 um 19:04 schrieb Violeta Calin:

> Dear all,
>
> I am looking for plugins in Image J to analyze quantitative phase images reconstructed from Digital Holographic Microscopy. This type of image has an attached .txt file, containing a phase shift value (in radians) for each pixel. I would like to extract from .txt file statistical parameters and specific parameters such as dry mass and morphological features of cells and nuclei.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Violeta
>

> Violeta CALIN, PhD
>
> Dept. of Biophysics and Cell Biotechnology
>
> "Carol Davila" University of Medicine and Pharmacy
> 8 Eroii Sanitari Blv., Sector 5
> Bucharest, ROMANIA
> www.umfcaroldavila.ro<http://www.umfcaroldavila.ro/>

Re: Images from Digital Holographic Microscopy

CARL Philippe (LBP)
Servus Herbie,
How are you doing? What's new?
In another life I was selling the DHM (Digital Holographic Microscopy) microscope from the Lyncee Tec company.
And from the phase measurements of a living cell with this microscope you can calculate its dry mass (this is based on a quite old Nature or Science paper) or derive the ion channel potential (i.e. equivalent to patch clamp measurements see https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0051041).
Violeta, how and where did you get your phase picture?
Lyncee Tec provides an ImageJ plugin under the following page for reading their data.
My best regards,
Philippe

Philippe CARL
Laboratoire de Bioimagerie et Pathologies
UMR 7021 CNRS - Université de Strasbourg
Faculté de Pharmacie
74 route du Rhin
67401 ILLKIRCH
Tel : +33(0)3 68 85 42 89

"I would like to extract from .txt file statistical parameters [...]"

Sorry, but it is far from clear what you want because you didn't attach
the mentioned text file.

The attached tif-image is a phase image (at least the gray-scale tells
this) and you don't tell us *what* you would like to extract from it.

I have no idea how "dry mass and morphological features of cells and
nuclei" are related to this phase image.

Please tell us more details about the task.

Regards

Herbie

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Am 18.04.21 um 19:04 schrieb Violeta Calin:

> Dear all,
>
> I am looking for plugins in Image J to analyze quantitative phase images reconstructed from Digital Holographic Microscopy. This type of image has an attached .txt file, containing a phase shift value (in radians) for each pixel. I would like to extract from .txt file statistical parameters and specific parameters such as dry mass and morphological features of cells and nuclei.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Violeta
>

> Violeta CALIN, PhD
>
> Dept. of Biophysics and Cell Biotechnology
>
> "Carol Davila" University of Medicine and Pharmacy
> 8 Eroii Sanitari Blv., Sector 5
> Bucharest, ROMANIA
> www.umfcaroldavila.ro<http://www.umfcaroldavila.ro/>

Re: Images from Digital Holographic Microscopy

Herbie
Bonjour Philippe,

all well here!

Thanks for the details!

"Lyncee Tec provides an ImageJ plugin under the following page [...]"

This may help the OP if the very page will follow...

Best

Herbie

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Am 19.04.21 um 12:02 schrieb CARL Philippe (LBP):

> Servus Herbie,
> How are you doing? What's new?
> In another life I was selling the DHM (Digital Holographic Microscopy) microscope from the Lyncee Tec company.
> And from the phase measurements of a living cell with this microscope you can calculate its dry mass (this is based on a quite old Nature or Science paper) or derive the ion channel potential (i.e. equivalent to patch clamp measurements see https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0051041).
> Violeta, how and where did you get your phase picture?
> Lyncee Tec provides an ImageJ plugin under the following page for reading their data.
> My best regards,
> Philippe
>
> Philippe CARL
> Laboratoire de Bioimagerie et Pathologies
> UMR 7021 CNRS - Université de Strasbourg
> Faculté de Pharmacie
> 74 route du Rhin
> 67401 ILLKIRCH
> Tel : +33(0)3 68 85 42 89

Hi Herbie,
I'm very sorry about that!
I was sure to have copied the link, but in fact forgot it...
So here is the link (and the plugin will be found at the end of the webpage):
https://www.lynceetec.com/types/downloads/
Also I forwarded her request to the company so that one of their application engineer contacts Violeta in order to help her out for her needs.
Take care,
Philippe