Label particles by shape characteristics

Label particles by shape characteristics

William Lamar
Hi;

I would like to label particles according to their form factor or other shape description similar to
the way the Macro "ParticleLabelingExample" labels particles according to their area.   Is there a
macro function that allows you to retrieve values from the Single Particle Values table in the same
way that the function  "getResult("Column", row) " permits you to retrieve values from the Results
table.

Thanks

Re: Label particles by shape characteristics

Gary Chinga
Try the shape descriptor plugin.
http://home.online.no/~gary.c/IJ/Shape.htm

Gary.

> I would like to label particles according to their form factor or other
> shape description similar to
> the way the Macro "ParticleLabelingExample" labels particles according to
> their area.   Is there a
> macro function that allows you to retrieve values from the Single Particle
> Values table in the same
> way that the function  "getResult("Column", row) " permits you to retrieve
> values from the Results
> table.
>
> Thanks

Re: Label particles by shape characteristics

William Lamar
Hi Gary;

I've used your shape descriptor plugin.  It's great.  What I want to
do, however,  is label each particle by the particle's form factor.
Wayne has a macro "Particle labeling example"   that labels each
particle by its area using the following commands:

   for (i=0; i<nResults; i++) {
       doWand(getResult("XStart",i), getResult("YStart", i));
       setColor(getResult("Area", i));
       fill();

  If  I could figure how to copy the column of form factor values from
the "Single Particle Values..." table generated by your plugin to the
Results table,  then I could just change the third line of Wayne's code
to "setColor(getResult("FormFactor", i))   but I'm having trouble
copying data from one table  to another.

Thanks   -  Rob