MRI: Plugins, Tips and Data

McAuley, Grant (LLU)
I am a graduate student interested in MRI post-processing.  I am new
both to this area and ImageJ, but am an experienced Java programmer.  I
am wondering:

1) What kinds of MRI processing have people done with ImageJ, and what
kinds of things are possible?
2) What plugins might I need/try?
3) Where might I find some sample MRI data?

Any info, tips or links would be appreciated.

Re: MRI: Plugins, Tips and Data

Dianne Patterson
For what it's worth, we use the read and write analyze plugin...we have used
ImageJ for manual skull stripping and identifying white matter
hyperintensities.

-Dianne

Dianne K. Patterson Ph.D.
Psychology, Room 217E
(520) 626-4571
Cognition and NeuroImaging Labs
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ

Quoting "McAuley, Grant (LLU)" <[hidden email]>:

> I am a graduate student interested in MRI post-processing.  I am new
> both to this area and ImageJ, but am an experienced Java programmer.  I
> am wondering:
>
> 1) What kinds of MRI processing have people done with ImageJ, and what
> kinds of things are possible?
> 2) What plugins might I need/try?
> 3) Where might I find some sample MRI data?
>
> Any info, tips or links would be appreciated.

MRI: Plugins, Tips and Data

Anita Ramani
Dianne,
How do you use ImageJ for manual skull stripping?  We usually trace around
the image and do...Edit..."Clear Outside".  Please elaborate on how you use
ImageJ for identifying white matter hyperintensities.
Thanks,
Anita

For what it's worth, we use the read and write analyze plugin...we have used
ImageJ for manual skull stripping and identifying white matter
hyperintensities.

-Dianne

Dianne K. Patterson Ph.D.
Psychology, Room 217E
(520) 626-4571
Cognition and NeuroImaging Labs
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ

Quoting "McAuley, Grant (LLU)" <[hidden email]>:

> I am a graduate student interested in MRI post-processing.  I am new
> both to this area and ImageJ, but am an experienced Java programmer.  I
> am wondering:
>
> 1) What kinds of MRI processing have people done with ImageJ, and what
> kinds of things are possible?
> 2) What plugins might I need/try?
> 3) Where might I find some sample MRI data?
>
> Any info, tips or links would be appreciated.

Re: MRI: Plugins, Tips and Data

Dianne Patterson
You described it perfectly.

-D