Re: Color isolation and quantification

Oran Kennedy
Hi all,

I'm still a relative novice at ImageJ so please excuse the general query...

I have numerous histological images which contain 5 fluorescent dyes, each
of a different colour (yellow, green, red, orange and blue). I want to try
and automate a process whereby each colour can be isolated from the others,
and the amount present quantified.

At present I use MATLAB to isolate the colours (5 different RGB ranges, then
binarize the image), then I import that to ImageJ where I use various
macro's to clean-up, calibrate and measure the objects in the image... I
then write the results to an excel file.

This process works...just about...but is slow and cumbersome and having read
some of the emails circulating on this list I think that there may be an
easier way to do this!

Any comments/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Oran

Oran Kennedy

Department of Anatomy

Royal College Surgeons in Ireland