Re: Problems loading image from streaming servlet

Re: Problems loading image from streaming servlet

Abramoff-Michael
This probably has nothingto do with Tomcat in itself. Most probably, IIS or TCP is blocking streaming without you being aware of it. IIS/Tomcat is not as dependable as Tomcat standalone in my limited experience.
Check progress of streaming, i.e. give the client time to catch up and you should be okay.

Michael Abramoff

Michael D. Abràmoff, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology / Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, PFP 11290C
200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City, IA 52242
USA

Tel: +1 319 384 5833. Secretary Val Bell: +1 319 356 3938.
Skype michael-abramoff [hidden email]

reformatting RGB stack

Olivier Salvado
Hello,

I am working with large (1380x1024x450) stacks of
RGB (24bits) images from episcopic microscope. I
would like to reformat my dataset at an arbitrary
angle (reformatting the whole volume). All I found
seemed to work only for gray level images.

I thought about splitting the three RGB planes,
reformatting each one separately and reforming a
RGB stack. This sounds like trouble, Any better
suggestion?

Thanks in advance.

___________________________

Olivier Salvado
Biomedical Engineering Department
Case Western Reserve University

Re: reformatting RGB stack

Wayne Rasband
> I am working with large (1380x1024x450) stacks of
>  RGB (24bits) images from episcopic microscope. I
>  would like to reformat my dataset at an arbitrary
> angle (reformatting the whole volume). All I found
>  seemed to work only for gray level images.
>
>  I thought about splitting the three RGB planes,
>  reformatting each one separately and reforming a
>  RGB stack. This sounds like trouble, Any better
>  suggestion?

The Rotate plugin that is part of the TransformJ package at

     http://www.imagescience.org/meijering/software/transformj/

can rotate a stack an arbitrary number of degrees around any of its
axes.

You will probably need to reduce the size of the images when importing
them using File>Import>Image Sequence. A 1380x1024x450 RGB stack
requires 2.4 GB of memory. Setting "Scale Images" in the
File>Import>Image Sequence dialog to 50% reduces this to 606 MB.

-wayne

AW: reformatting RGB stack

Barthel, Kai Uwe
You might use the volume viewer plugin which can be scripted. So writing a
macro could set up the volume viewer plugin to use the same transformation
(the same slice) for each channel. These three views could be stored and
then be recombined to a RGB-image.

If I find the time I might also try to extend my volume plugin to deal with
RGB-images. But I fear this will not be in the near future.

Kai

> Hello,
>
> I am working with large (1380x1024x450) stacks of
> RGB (24bits) images from episcopic microscope. I
> would like to reformat my dataset at an arbitrary
> angle (reformatting the whole volume). All I found
> seemed to work only for gray level images.
>
> I thought about splitting the three RGB planes,
> reformatting each one separately and reforming a
> RGB stack. This sounds like trouble, Any better
> suggestion?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> ___________________________
>
> Olivier Salvado
> Biomedical Engineering Department
> Case Western Reserve University

Re: Problems loading image from streaming servlet

Prodanov, D. (FYS)
Hi,

I think that you should set a time-out variable in the applet and try to repeatedly load the image until the
timeout is reached (say 10 000 ms). Check also the configuration of IIS. I am not sure how well it does
integrate with Tomcat.

best regards

Dimiter

Thanks a lot for your help,
Markus

AW: Problems loading image from streaming servlet

Markus Krischke
Hi,

Thanks for the hint. I changed the loading method of the plugin like you
suggested. I´ll try this improved version tomorrow...

Best regards,
Markus