Reg: Alignment of stacks

Vishwanath Somashekar
Hi,
I had posted question regarding aligning two stacks. I did find a plugin
Align 3 TP. Using this I was able to align slices from two stacks, but the
final images size is same as the original image. I am basically thinking of
stictching two stacks after they are aligned. I am not even sure if I
explained my problem correctly.
I have two stacks each of hundred images. if i pick up the first slice in
both the stacks, i will see a small overlapping region. I want to stitch
these two slices and want to stictch the remaining 99 pairs, which finally
would increase the size of each slice. Can anyone please help me with this..
It is very important that I get this thing going for my research to start.
Any help will be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks,
Vishwa

Re: Alignment of stacks

Robert Dougherty
Vishwa,

Perhaps one approach would be to first crop the stacks so that they are
non-overlapping, and then use the Stack Combiner plugin. (See the ImageJ
Plugins page) This may produce somewhat discontinuous joints between the
images.  If you need real stitching, like panorama software seems to do, it
may be necessary for someone to write a new plugin.  The difficulty of that
plugin would depend on the nature and degree of misalignment between the
images and how well you know the relative image positions.

Bob

Robert P. Dougherty, Ph.D.
President, OptiNav, Inc.
Phone (425) 467-1118