Tab didn't work in Macro

Ye Chen
Hello,

I am writing a Macro. I found the tab character could not show up using the
function print() or write(). Instead it is a space. Is there anyone knowing
how to fix it in Macro. So the tab character can show up in either Result
Window or Log Window?

Thanks

Re: Tab didn't work in Macro

Ludgate, David
I haven't used the macro language, but in Java you use \t for tab and \n
for new line.
Look up escape characters for the macro language if that doesn't work
(but it probably will).
-dave

Re: Tab didn't work in Macro

Ye Chen
Thanks. I tried different way to do it. Use \t in a string, or using
Unicode for tab, or using Macro function fromCharCode(value1, ..value n)
which takes unicode value and returns a string. None of them works. It all
shows space. Anyway, I find alternative way to produce a neat table by
using setResult("Column",row,value) function in Macro Language which puts
tab between values.

Ye