Video editing- Quicktime Pro replacement

Video editing- Quicktime Pro replacement

Knecht, David
I am looking for a replacement for Quicktime Pro for editing movies output from Fiji as .avi files. The feature of QT Pro I need most is the ability to play multiple video tracks in a single player so they all play simultaneously in separate panels. In QT Pro, the Show Movie Properties allowed you to offset video tracks so they were moved to different areas of the player. Has anyone found a video editor that can do that (Mac or PC)? I know I can do it by combining and offset tiff stacks in Fiji, but that is much more laborious than it was with movie files in QT.  Thanks- Dave

Dr. David Knecht
Professor, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
University of Connecticut
91 N. Eagleville Rd.
U-3125
Storrs, CT 06269-3125
860-486-2200

Re: Video editing- Quicktime Pro replacement

tongtao
Adobe Premiere Pro (PC & Mac) and Final Cut Pro (Mac) can do that.
Both are professional video editing software and can do a lot of
special effects in additional to multiple panels. However, both
software need quite some time to learn.

Best,

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 12:37 PM Knecht, David <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am looking for a replacement for Quicktime Pro for editing movies output from Fiji as .avi files. The feature of QT Pro I need most is the ability to play multiple video tracks in a single player so they all play simultaneously in separate panels. In QT Pro, the Show Movie Properties allowed you to offset video tracks so they were moved to different areas of the player. Has anyone found a video editor that can do that (Mac or PC)? I know I can do it by combining and offset tiff stacks in Fiji, but that is much more laborious than it was with movie files in QT.  Thanks- Dave
>
> Dr. David Knecht
> Professor, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
> University of Connecticut
> 91 N. Eagleville Rd.
> U-3125
> Storrs, CT 06269-3125
> 860-486-2200
>

> --

Tao Tong

Re: Video editing- Quicktime Pro replacement

Cammer, Michael-2
Another way to do this is to make the movies the same length and assemble them into panels using Stacks > Tools > Combine...

Except for one year where I had access to Premier, this is how I've been doing this.

Michael Cammer, Sr Research Scientist, DART Microscopy Laboratory
NYU Langone Health, 540 First Avenue, SK2 Microscopy Suite, New York, NY  10016
Office: 646-501-0567 Cell: 914-309-3270  [hidden email]
http://nyulmc.org/micros  http://microscopynotes.com/

--
Tao Tong

--
ImageJ mailing list: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__imagej.nih.gov_ij_list.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=j5oPpO0eBH1iio48DtsedeElZfc04rx3ExJHeIIZuCs&r=hUBj2D5n6oKThx2L01qn8IORZb5f-ruLVXPmQ1zQNnM&m=ekKdbyoVsOjmB2AWw36lPZBofd-WqIdUldGSspIY4NU&s=AykIIIJGhK6zU6dz71KFrh1eQ3yiFi0utvAGG-f0F2w&e=

VS: Video editing- Quicktime Pro replacement

Arttu Miettinen
Dear everybody,

I would like to point out that Blender and its Video Sequence Editor can do multi-panel videos. Contrary to the previous suggestions Blender is free, but the steep learning curve is still there... I've used it to post-process some scientific visualizations made with ImageJ and other image analysis packages.

Best,
Arttu Miettinen

________________________________

> Adobe Premiere Pro (PC & Mac) and Final Cut Pro (Mac) can do that.
> Both are professional video editing software and can do a lot of
> special effects in additional to multiple panels. However, both
> software need quite some time to learn.
>
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 12:37 PM Knecht, David <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I am looking for a replacement for Quicktime Pro for editing movies output from Fiji as .avi files. The feature of QT Pro I need most is the ability to play multiple video tracks in a single player so they all play simultaneously in separate panels. In QT Pro, the Show Movie Properties allowed you to offset video tracks so they were moved to different areas of the player. Has anyone found a video editor that can do that (Mac or PC)? I know I can do it by combining and offset tiff stacks in Fiji, but that is much more laborious than it was with movie files in QT.  Thanks- Dave

Re: Video editing- Quicktime Pro replacement

HYHHYH
TunesKit AceMovi
This video maker supports you to change the output format to AVI format, and supports MAC and Windows.This program has split screen function, which allows you to play different videos on the same screen