a novice question about working with stacks..

a novice question about working with stacks..

Vishwanath Somashekar
hi,
i have just started confocal microscopy and I take about 200 images over a
depth of 100 microns. I am trying to analyze the flow in a microchannel
whose width is about 4mm and depth is about 100 microns.. so when I use an
objective, say 20x, i will get only a small portion across the width. So i
end up taking several stacks of 200 images each to cover the 4mm width. I
have made sure that each stack from the second stack onwards has some
overlap with the previous stack. the software that's installed in the lab is
metamorph. The problem is, lets say it takes 10 images to cover the 4 mm
width with a 20x objective. now i have 10 stacks of 200 images. I will have
to stitch images in each place for 10 images and make one final stack of 200
images to get a three D model across the entire width. Could find a way to
do it in metamorph. I have imageJ installed on my computer in my office. Was
wondering if this software has a way of doing that. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Vishwa