automated grabbing of frames

John Bradley
Dear All,

I have some movie clips on DV tape. I would like to extract sequential
frames and save them to my hard drive (as .tif or .jpg files) for future
image processing. I've used a number of commercial software packages
(iMovie, Ulead's equivalent) to grab individual frames but I would like to
automate this process. I would like to grab from the movie up to 100 frames
and save to a folder.

I would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions concerning the import
and analysis of DV movies with ImageJ.

Many thanks in advance, John

-------------------
John Bradley
Scientist, Morphology
Eyetech Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Eyetech Research Center
35 Hartwell Avenue
Lexington, MA. 02421-3102
Tel. (781) 259-7055
Fax: (781) 676-7757
[hidden email]
www.eyetech.com <http://www.eyetech.com>

Re: automated grabbing of frames

Lee Pang
If you can get them onto your computer as AVI, you can open them in
ImageJ using the AVI Read plugin.  Then you can use the stack utilities
to extract the frames you need and saved to the hard disk as TIFF, all
of which can be written into a macro of course.

Lee

John Bradley wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have some movie clips on DV tape. I would like to extract sequential
> frames and save them to my hard drive (as .tif or .jpg files) for future
> image processing. I've used a number of commercial software packages
> (iMovie, Ulead's equivalent) to grab individual frames but I would like to
> automate this process. I would like to grab from the movie up to 100 frames
> and save to a folder.
>
> I would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions concerning the import
> and analysis of DV movies with ImageJ.
>
> Many thanks in advance, John
>

> -------------------
> John Bradley
> Scientist, Morphology
> Eyetech Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
> Eyetech Research Center
> 35 Hartwell Avenue
> Lexington, MA. 02421-3102
> Tel. (781) 259-7055
> Fax: (781) 676-7757
> [hidden email]
> www.eyetech.com <http://www.eyetech.com>

Re: automated grabbing of frames

Ankur Purwar
You may try virtual dub(also an open source) for the same.

-Ankur

> I have some movie clips on DV tape. I would like to extract sequential
> frames and save them to my hard drive (as .tif or .jpg files) for future
> image processing. I've used a number of commercial software packages
> (iMovie, Ulead's equivalent) to grab individual frames but I would like to
> automate this process. I would like to grab from the movie up to 100
> frames
> and save to a folder.
>
> I would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions concerning the
> import
> and analysis of DV movies with ImageJ.
>
> Many thanks in advance, John
>

> -------------------