automatic tracing of outlines?

Baggerly, ROY G
I am interested in tracing a profile or outline in an image and creating
a simple x y data file. I believe Image Pro had a utility for doing that
and I was wondering if Image J has a similar capability with a plugin
somewhere? Thank you.

Roy G. Baggerly
M&PT
TEL:  425 237 6865
FAX: 425 237 0052

"It is clearly the perception of failure in existing technology
 that drives inventors, designers, and engineers to modify what
others may find perfectly adequate, or at least useable."
Evolution of Useful Things

Re: automatic tracing of outlines?

Wayne Rasband
> I am interested in tracing a profile or outline in an image
> and creating a simple x y data file. I believe Image Pro had
> a utility for doing that  and I was wondering if Image J has
> a similar capability with a plugin  somewhere? Thank you.

Use the Image>Adjust>Threshold tool to highlight the object of
interest, click on it with the wand tool to create a selection, then
save the X and Y coordinates using File>Save As>XY Coordinates.

-wayne