question about 'layers'

helga wyns
Hi all,
does imagej provide a functionality similar to the 'layers' in photoshop?
What I need to do is: draw a line on an image and then move the contents of
a part of the image to the right position 'under' this line. I.e. when
moving the image part above the line, the line should stay visible on top of
the image part. How is this possible?
Thanks in advance,
Helga.

Re: question about 'layers'

Robert Dougherty
See http://www.optinav.com/ImageJplugins/Layers.htm

Bob

Robert P. Dougherty, Ph.D.
President, OptiNav, Inc.
Phone (425) 467-1118
Fax (425) 467-1119
www.optinav.com

Re: question about 'layers'

helga wyns
Thanks.
I'm still having problems though. I created a stack with background color
blue.
Then I choose Plugins -> Layers. The created composite image does only show
the last slice... Did I forget something?
Regards,
Helga

> does imagej provide a functionality similar to the 'layers' in photoshop?
> What I need to do is: draw a line on an image and then move the
> contents of a part of the image to the right position 'under' this
> line. I.e. when moving the image part above the line, the line should
> stay visible on top of the image part. How is this possible?
> Thanks in advance,
> Helga.

Re: question about 'layers'

Robert Dougherty
You need to set the background color in ImageJ.  This can be done by
choosing the "medicine dropper" tool in the toolbar and alt-clicking on a
part of the image containing the background.  The selected background color
can be seen as the border of the medicine dropper toolbar icon thing.
Another way to choose the background color is Edit/Options/Colors...

Bob

Re: question about 'layers'

helga wyns
Ok, thans, I got it, great!