video annotation tool

fabrice senger-2
Hi there,

maybe not a specific question for imageJ, anyway. Has anyone a good advice
for the annotation of videos.

Actually I was looking at "Event stamper" wich might do the job but wich is
not so flexible.

Is there any tool wich can do that with a "preview" , the possibility to
manually change the location of, e.g. an arrow or a text box ... ; the
ability to define the number of frames the annotation should be displayed
and finally that the annotation should be an "overlay".

For sure this is kind of video editing.

So far I didn't found anything convincing either in ImageJ or elsewhere.

Thank you,

Fabrice.

Re: video annotation tool

Krs5
Hi Fabrice,

I have an Image annotation macro on my website that might do what you want. Did not check it recently, but hope it all still works.

https://www2.le.ac.uk/colleges/medbiopsych/facilities-and-services/cbs/AIF/software-1/imagej-macros

Best wishes

Kees

Dr Ir K.R. Straatman
Senior Experimental Officer
Advanced Imaging Facility
Centre for Core Biotechnology Services
University of Leicester
www.le.ac.uk/advanced-imaging-facility

Re: video annotation tool

fabrice senger-2
Hello !

I give it a try and come back to you.

Thanks,

Fabrice.

> Hi Fabrice,
>
> I have an Image annotation macro on my website that might do what you
> want. Did not check it recently, but hope it all still works.
>
> https://www2.le.ac.uk/colleges/medbiopsych/facilities-and-services/cbs/
> AIF/software-1/imagej-macros
>
> Best wishes
>
> Kees
>

> Dr Ir K.R. Straatman
> Senior Experimental Officer
> Advanced Imaging Facility
> Centre for Core Biotechnology Services
> University of Leicester
> www.le.ac.uk/advanced-imaging-facility

Re: video annotation tool

Knecht, David
I use the Image/Stacks/Label to place text or timer on frames of the stack and then make a video from that.  You can add to a limited set of frames or all.  You can add multiple annotations to the same stack and place them in different parts using the xy positioning.  If you check the preview box, you can see what you have added before finalizing.  It is very versatile, except I don’t know how to do arrows.  For text it works fine.  I also don’t use the overlay choice.  I have found the text in overlays is often missing after compressing with a codec.  Dave

On Apr 25, 2018, at 5:47 AM, Fabrice Senger <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Hi there,

maybe not a specific question for imageJ, anyway. Has anyone a good advice
for the annotation of videos.

Actually I was looking at "Event stamper" wich might do the job but wich is
not so flexible.

Is there any tool wich can do that with a "preview" , the possibility to
manually change the location of, e.g. an arrow or a text box ... ; the
ability to define the number of frames the annotation should be displayed
and finally that the annotation should be an "overlay".

For sure this is kind of video editing.

So far I didn't found anything convincing either in ImageJ or elsewhere.

Thank you,

Fabrice.

Dr. David Knecht
Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology
University of Connecticut
91 N. Eagleville Rd.
Storrs, CT 06269-3125
860-486-2200

Re: video annotation tool

anusuya pal
Hello,

I also have a similar line of question. I have 300 time lapsed images and
want to make the video. But there are few images 10-20, I want those to
move very slow. Is there any way by which in those 300 images I can set
10-20 images to go slow in the video?

Thanks
Anu

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018, 8:24 AM Knecht, David <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I use the Image/Stacks/Label to place text or timer on frames of the stack
> and then make a video from that.  You can add to a limited set of frames or
> all.  You can add multiple annotations to the same stack and place them in
> different parts using the xy positioning.  If you check the preview box,
> you can see what you have added before finalizing.  It is very versatile,
> except I don’t know how to do arrows.  For text it works fine.  I also
> don’t use the overlay choice.  I have found the text in overlays is often
> missing after compressing with a codec.  Dave
>
> On Apr 25, 2018, at 5:47 AM, Fabrice Senger <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> maybe not a specific question for imageJ, anyway. Has anyone a good advice
> for the annotation of videos.
>
> Actually I was looking at "Event stamper" wich might do the job but wich is
> not so flexible.
>
> Is there any tool wich can do that with a "preview" , the possibility to
> manually change the location of, e.g. an arrow or a text box ... ; the
> ability to define the number of frames the annotation should be displayed
> and finally that the annotation should be an "overlay".
>
> For sure this is kind of video editing.
>
> So far I didn't found anything convincing either in ImageJ or elsewhere.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Fabrice.
>
> --
>
> Dr. David Knecht
> Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology
> University of Connecticut
> 91 N. Eagleville Rd.
> Storrs, CT 06269-3125
> 860-486-2200

Re: video annotation tool

Herbie
Good day,

just double, triple etc. the very images in the stack.
Even better would be to interpolate frames but That's more involved.

Regards

Herbie

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Am 25.04.18 um 14:38 schrieb anusuya pal:

> Hello,
>
> I also have a similar line of question. I have 300 time lapsed images and
> want to make the video. But there are few images 10-20, I want those to
> move very slow. Is there any way by which in those 300 images I can set
> 10-20 images to go slow in the video?
>
> Thanks
> Anu
>
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2018, 8:24 AM Knecht, David <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I use the Image/Stacks/Label to place text or timer on frames of the stack
>> and then make a video from that.  You can add to a limited set of frames or
>> all.  You can add multiple annotations to the same stack and place them in
>> different parts using the xy positioning.  If you check the preview box,
>> you can see what you have added before finalizing.  It is very versatile,
>> except I don’t know how to do arrows.  For text it works fine.  I also
>> don’t use the overlay choice.  I have found the text in overlays is often
>> missing after compressing with a codec.  Dave
>>
>> On Apr 25, 2018, at 5:47 AM, Fabrice Senger <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> maybe not a specific question for imageJ, anyway. Has anyone a good advice
>> for the annotation of videos.
>>
>> Actually I was looking at "Event stamper" wich might do the job but wich is
>> not so flexible.
>>
>> Is there any tool wich can do that with a "preview" , the possibility to
>> manually change the location of, e.g. an arrow or a text box ... ; the
>> ability to define the number of frames the annotation should be displayed
>> and finally that the annotation should be an "overlay".
>>
>> For sure this is kind of video editing.
>>
>> So far I didn't found anything convincing either in ImageJ or elsewhere.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Fabrice.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dr. David Knecht
>> Professor of Molecular and Cell Biology
>> University of Connecticut
>> 91 N. Eagleville Rd.
>> Storrs, CT 06269-3125
>> 860-486-2200

Re: video annotation tool

John Hayes
Hi Fabrice and others,

Another good tool I found, and is free, that can post-produce videos is Blender (https://www.blender.org/ <https://www.blender.org/>). Although it’s mostly a tool for 3D modeling it also functions as a video editor (https://www.blender.org/features/video-editing/ <https://www.blender.org/features/video-editing/>).

Best,
John

> On Apr 25, 2018, at 5:47 AM, Fabrice Senger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> maybe not a specific question for imageJ, anyway. Has anyone a good advice
> for the annotation of videos.
>
> Actually I was looking at "Event stamper" wich might do the job but wich is
> not so flexible.
>
> Is there any tool wich can do that with a "preview" , the possibility to
> manually change the location of, e.g. an arrow or a text box ... ; the
> ability to define the number of frames the annotation should be displayed
> and finally that the annotation should be an "overlay".
>
> For sure this is kind of video editing.
>
> So far I didn't found anything convincing either in ImageJ or elsewhere.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Fabrice.

Re: video annotation tool

David Knecht
Changing movie speeds is also easy to do with Quicktime Pro.  You can remove a section of a movie, change the speed and then paste it back into the original movie.  I can give more detailed instructions if needed.  Dave

Dr. David Knecht
Professor , Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
University of Connecticut
91 N. Eagleville Rd.
U-3125
Storrs, CT 06269-3125
860-486-2200

> On Apr 25, 2018, at 12:10 PM, John Hayes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Fabrice and others,
>
> Another good tool I found, and is free, that can post-produce videos is Blender (https://www.blender.org/ <https://www.blender.org/>). Although it’s mostly a tool for 3D modeling it also functions as a video editor (https://www.blender.org/features/video-editing/ <https://www.blender.org/features/video-editing/>).
>
> Best,
> John
>
>> On Apr 25, 2018, at 5:47 AM, Fabrice Senger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> maybe not a specific question for imageJ, anyway. Has anyone a good advice
>> for the annotation of videos.
>>
>> Actually I was looking at "Event stamper" wich might do the job but wich is
>> not so flexible.
>>
>> Is there any tool wich can do that with a "preview" , the possibility to
>> manually change the location of, e.g. an arrow or a text box ... ; the
>> ability to define the number of frames the annotation should be displayed
>> and finally that the annotation should be an "overlay".
>>
>> For sure this is kind of video editing.
>>
>> So far I didn't found anything convincing either in ImageJ or elsewhere.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Fabrice.

Re: video annotation tool

anusuya pal
Thanks Herbie and others for the help.

I have one more question related to this:
I am saving the stack of images into avi format and playing the video with
windows media player, it is found that I can't forward or backward
manually. Is there anything to sort this problem out?

On Wednesday, April 25, 2018, David Knecht <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Changing movie speeds is also easy to do with Quicktime Pro.  You can
> remove a section of a movie, change the speed and then paste it back into
> the original movie.  I can give more detailed instructions if needed.  Dave
>
> Dr. David Knecht
> Professor , Department of Molecular and Cell Biology
> University of Connecticut
> 91 N. Eagleville Rd.
> U-3125
> Storrs, CT 06269-3125
> 860-486-2200
>
> > On Apr 25, 2018, at 12:10 PM, John Hayes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Fabrice and others,
> >
> > Another good tool I found, and is free, that can post-produce videos is
> Blender (https://www.blender.org/ <https://www.blender.org/>). Although
> it’s mostly a tool for 3D modeling it also functions as a video editor (
> https://www.blender.org/features/video-editing/ <https://www.blender.org/
> features/video-editing/>).
> >
> > Best,
> > John
> >
> >> On Apr 25, 2018, at 5:47 AM, Fabrice Senger <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> maybe not a specific question for imageJ, anyway. Has anyone a good
> advice
> >> for the annotation of videos.
> >>
> >> Actually I was looking at "Event stamper" wich might do the job but
> wich is
> >> not so flexible.
> >>
> >> Is there any tool wich can do that with a "preview" , the possibility to
> >> manually change the location of, e.g. an arrow or a text box ... ; the
> >> ability to define the number of frames the annotation should be
> displayed
> >> and finally that the annotation should be an "overlay".
> >>
> >> For sure this is kind of video editing.
> >>
> >> So far I didn't found anything convincing either in ImageJ or elsewhere.
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >>
> >> Fabrice.

Re: video annotation tool

HYHHYH
You can achieve a delay effect by changing the playback speed. TunesKit AceMovi is a very powerful video editor that allows you to change the video playback speed. In addition, it also allows you to turn pictures into videos and animated slideshows. This software can run perfectly on Windows and macOS.