zooming movie

Guilhem DEZANNEAU
Hello,

I would like to make a movie,

 starting from an image and making

 a zoom to a part of this image.

With other words, i start from a 1000*1000 image;

I want to zoom till a 100*100 part of the original
image.

I want to make a continuous movie from the large to
the small image

Thanks a lot

Guilhem

Re: zooming movie

Tony Collins-2
Hi Guilhem,

Do you want something like this:
http://www.uhnresearch.ca/facilities/wcif/images/Zoomed.gif

This was done with the 'zoomify' plugin included in the ImageJ bundle from:
http://www.uhnresearch.ca/facilities/wcif/download.html

I'd be more than happy to email you the plugin alone. It seems to work
OK but has not been rigorously tested.

(...actually it should be called "Zoom to ROI" now I think about it.
'Zoomify' format is something different...)

To use the plugin you select an ROI which will be your final frame and
the plugin creates a movie zooming in to this in a user defined number
of frames.

If you need a specific ROI size (and therefore framesize - in your
example 100x100) then you could use the 'Edit/Selection/Specify' menu
command...

Regards,

Tony

PS. The 'zoomed' stack was saved as an animated GIF with Ryan Raz's 'Gif
Stack Writer' plugin for ImageJ.

--
Tony Collins, Ph.D.
Facility Manager

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by anyone other than the person for whom it was originally intended is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information contained in this e-mail may not be that of the organization.