16-bit color to grayscale?

Anat Chemerinski
Hello,

I am having a hard time converting my 16-bit color image (from immunohistochemistry staining) to grayscale. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank you!
Anat

Anat Chemerinski, MD
Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Fellow, PGY-5
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women's Health
Rutgers Biomedical & Health Sciences
[hidden email]
[hidden email]
301-910-6800

Re: 16-bit color to grayscale?

Herbie
Greetings Anat,

if your image is in 16bit RGB format, i.e. 48bit, the image will open in
ImageJ as a stack of three color channels.

If you don't want to apply color weighting, you get the achromatic
version of your image by performing a z-projection of the stack with
option "Average Intensity".

Regards

Herbie