Copy and paste contrast settings through the GUI

Copy and paste contrast settings through the GUI

Fred Damen
Greetings,

Is there a way using the W&L GUI to identify a source image copy its
window and level settings and then identify a destination image and set
the same window and level, without *me* having to determine the numeric
values and entering them for the destination image...  Something like
click on an image, click on a button, click on another image, click on
another button, and they now have the same window and level.  I have many
many images open and subsets of these images are intra-comparable but not
inter-comparable.

Thanks in advance,

Fred

Re: Copy and paste contrast settings through the GUI

Stein Rørvik
One option is to click the "Set" button, and then check "Propagate to all open images".
If you do not change the values, the current value should be propagated to all images.

Of course this will not work if you only want to propagate the values to a subset of the other images.

As I understand the W/L dialog it is just a different way of setting min/max values as done with the B/C dialog. It should thus be straight-forward to do this via a macro, something like this:

getMinAndMax(min,max);
waitForUser("Please select the target image");
setMinAndMax(min,max);

You could improve this by creating a dialog that lists all open windows with checkboxes in front, and you select which windows you want to apply the active image's values to.

Stein

--
ImageJ mailing list: https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimagej.nih.gov%2Fij%2Flist.html&data=04%7C01%7Cstein.rorvik%40sintef.no%7C41387e319c484e6ba92408d931bd0f0c%7Ce1f00f39604145b0b309e0210d8b32af%7C1%7C0%7C637595510342103093%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=iVIp50VL7J0eRNlsNiwnk2c8UpB45W0RZGkhPuqyR28%3D&reserved=0