Draw an ROI around the object in ImageJ, and then scale it.

Draw an ROI around the object in ImageJ, and then scale it.

yccheok
Hello all,

I try to use ImageJ for a while and haven't figure out
how I can do this.

I have a small object inside a 120x120 image. Let says
the rectangle bounded around the small object is
25x25. I would like to scale up the 25x25 object to a
NEW 100x100 image.

May I know how I can do this in ImageJ?

Thank you.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: Draw an ROI around the object in ImageJ, and then scale it.

yccheok
Sorry guys. I had figured out how to do that. Is
through Image->Duplicate.

Thanks!

--- Cheok Yan Cheng <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I try to use ImageJ for a while and haven't figure
> out
> how I can do this.
>
> I have a small object inside a 120x120 image. Let
> says
> the rectangle bounded around the small object is
> 25x25. I would like to scale up the 25x25 object to
> NEW 100x100 image.
>
> May I know how I can do this in ImageJ?
>
> Thank you.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Draw an ROI around the object in ImageJ, and then scale it.

Albert-5
Within a plugin, the sequence of commands is something like this:

//check for any images open first ! Then make a processor which is the
part of the image inside the ROI. If there is no ROI then the whole
processor will be copied:
ImageProcessor ip =
WindowManager.getCurrentImage().getProcessor().crop();
//then make a new image:
ImagePlus imp = new ImagePlus("the roi", ip);
imp.show();

That's all.

Albert

Albert Cardona
Institute of Neuroinformatics     Tel : +41 1 635 3052
University/ETH Zurich             Fax : +41 1 635 3053
Winterthurerstrasse 190           acardona (at) ini phys ethz ch
Zurich 8057, Switzerland          www.ini.unizh.ch