How is ImageJ creating Roi's?

Maximilian Loy
Hello,

I am working on an thermal images analysing-application (no ImageJ plugin).

The image is processed as ImagePlus object and displayed with "myImage.show()".
I have already implemented LUT, rotate and zoom but i wasn't able to get the different kinds of ROI to work.
The problem must be, that i have no ImageJ-toolbar, so the selected Roi can't be prompted the usual way.

I was looking at the ImageCanvas class but couldn't find out how ImageJ gets the selected Roi.

Maybe someone could give me a hint where to look!

Thanks in advance,
Maximilian Loy

 ** Confidentiality Statement and Disclaimer **

** End of Statement **

Re: How is ImageJ creating Roi's?

Ludgate, David
There is a setRoi method in the ImageProcessor class (or ImagePlus?), and you can manually make a variety of Rois using the various Roi subclasses. For a totally non-geometric Roi, the wand tool works well.

** End of Statement **

Extend PointPicker-plugin with OvalRoi

Maximilian Loy
Hi all,

I would like to extend the PointPicker plugin with a OvalRoi.
I know how to create a new Roi and was looking alot into the Roi classes.

Do I have to derive the OvalRoi class and make grow() public?
How can i move the Roi after i have created it?

Please help me out!

Thanks
Max