Java Error

Claire Brown
I have been using ImageJ for some time with a custom plugin that we are
developing. I'm trying to curve fit
using ImageJ and I'm getting the following error:

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Unknown constant tag 13 in class file
Jama/Matrix
at ij.io.PluginClassLoader.loadClass(PluginClassLoader.java:234)
at ij.io.PluginClassLoader.loadClass(PluginClassLoader.java:199)
at Fitter_2D.cf2d(Fitter_2D.java:326)
at Fitter_2D.fit(Fitter_2D.java:268)
at ICS_Spatial.run(ICS_Spatial.java:378)
at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:273)
at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:117)
at ij.Executer.runPlugIn(Executer.java:171)
at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:133)
at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:63)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This program is installed on many other computers and is working fine. I
think it is a Java problem but we can't
seem to figure out what is going wrong. Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Sincerely,

Claire Brown

--

Claire M. Brown, PhD
Life Sciences Complex Imaging Facility Director
514-398-7452 (FAX)
[hidden email]

Re: Java Error

dscho
Hi,

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Claire Brown wrote:

> java.lang.ClassFormatError: Unknown constant tag 13 in class file Jama/Matrix

This typically means that the class was compiled by a newer Java version
than the one you try to run it with (like, Jama.Matrix was compiled with
jdk1.5, but you try to run it with jre1.3).

Hth,
Dscho

Re: Java Error

Robert Dougherty
I had this problem with JAMA a couple weeks ago.  See
https://list.nih.gov/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0601&L=IMAGEJ&P=R6534&I=-3

It could be Java version issue, as suggested.

Bob

Robert P. Dougherty, Ph.D.
President, OptiNav, Inc.
Phone (425) 467-1118
Fax (425) 467-1119
www.optinav.com

Re: Java Error

petergroft

"java.lang.NullPointerException": This error occurs when you try to use a null object reference. To fix this error, check that all object references are initialized before being used.

"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError": This error occurs when your Java application runs out of memory. To fix this error, increase the memory allocation for your Java application. You can do this by adding the -Xmx parameter to your Java command line.

"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException": This error occurs when Java cannot find a class that is required for your application. To fix this error, check that the class is on the classpath and that the classpath is set correctly.

"java.net.SocketException: Connection reset": This error occurs when the connection to the server is closed unexpectedly. To fix this error, check that the server is running and that there are no network connectivity issues.

Regards,
Peter