Quicktime error

Knecht, David
I have once again lost the ability to save stacks as movies from
ImageJ.  I am running version 1.42h with OSX (latest).  Here is the
error I get:

quicktime.std.StdQTException[QTJava:7.6.0g],-47=fBsyErr,QT.vers:7608000
        at quicktime.std.StdQTException.checkError(StdQTException.java:38)
        at quicktime.std.movies.Movie.createMovieFile(Movie.java:115)
        at QuickTime_Writer.writeMovie(QuickTime_Writer.java:117)
        at QuickTime_Writer.run(QuickTime_Writer.java:94)
        at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:176)
        at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:142)
        at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:119)
        at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:58)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)

Anyone know what is wrong?  Thanks- Dave

Dr. David Knecht
Co-head Flow Cytometry and Confocal Microscopy Facility
U-3125
91 N. Eagleville Rd.
University of Connecticut
Storrs, CT 06269
860-486-2200
860-486-4331 (fax)

Re: Quicktime error

rachelgomez123
The error message you provided indicates that there is an issue with QuickTime, which ImageJ uses to save movies. QuickTime is a multimedia framework that is used by many applications on macOS to handle audio and video.

The error code -47 in the message corresponds to a "file busy" error, which suggests that the movie file you're trying to create is currently being used by another process. This could happen if you have the movie file open in another application or if the previous movie creation process did not complete successfully and left the file locked.

To resolve the issue, try the following:

Close all applications that may be using the movie file you're trying to create.

Restart your computer to release any file locks that may be preventing ImageJ from creating the movie file.

Try saving the movie to a different file location or with a different file name to ensure that there are no conflicts with existing files.

If the issue persists, try updating QuickTime to the latest version or reinstalling it.

If none of these steps work, you could also try using a different movie format, such as AVI or MPEG, to see if that resolves the issue.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can do to assist you.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez