Re: help imaging barnacles

ToeKnee Lacey
Ahh, sorry, your URL got split.  My apologies.

Data does look tricky....

--- ImageJ Interest Group <[hidden email] wrote:
try the full link
as listed in my post:
> http://faculty.washington.edu/gilmans/barnaclegallery.shtml

> - sarah
>

> --------------
> Sarah Gilman, PhD
> Friday Harbor
Laboratories
> University of Washington
> 620 Univers

ity Rd.
> Friday
Harbor, WA 98250

Sun, 10 Jul 2005, ToeKnee Lacey wrote:

> > No you haven't! :)
> >

> --- ImageJ Interest Group <[hidden email] wrote:
> >
> > I'm looking
for some basic information on how to use ImageJ.  I have

> > photographs
of barnacles on rocks shot in the field with a digital
> >> camera,

and I'd like to use ImageJ to count the number of barnacles
> >> in each
image
> > and calculate a size distribution.   I've found
> >> instructions
on a couple
> > of websites that discuss using imageJ to
> >> count and
measure objects in
> > microscope images using "analyze
> >> particles".
 My files aren't as contrasty
> > as microscrope images, and
> >> I'm having
a hard time distinguishing barnacle
> > from non-barnacle.
> >>
> >> Basically
I'm looking for any suggestions on how
> > get ImageJ to
> >> distinguish
the barnacles from the background.  Or even
> > how to mark
> >> the barnacles
myself and get ImageJ to calculate sizes.
images on http://faculty.washington.edu/gilmans/

> >> barnaclegallery.shtml

> >> Thanks in advance for help,
> >> Sarah Gilman
> >

> >> ---------------------------------------------
> >> Sarah Gilman,

> > PhD
> >>
> >> Friday Harbor Laboratories
> >> University of Washington

> >> 620 University
> > Rd.
> >> Friday Harbor, WA 98250
> >>
> >> 360-378-2165

> >> [hidden email]

Re: help imaging barnacles

Martin du Saire
Nice problem.

Have you tried fluorescence or IR imaging?

Martin