Rotating ellipses around the centre

Alice Self
Good morning,

I'm a bit disappointed with the latest upgrade of imageJ and wanted some help - When I have previously used imageJ I was able to rotate an ellipse around the centre so it could be angled rather than only expanding along the horizontal and vertical. Is there any way around this because if the object I want to draw an ellipse around isn't perfectly horizontal the measurements I am taking with a horizontal ellipse are not as accurate....

Thanks

[cid:image001.gif@01CC1473.DFD45190]
Alice Self
Clinical Research Fellow
University of Oxford
Nuffield Department of Women's & Reproductive Health
Women's Centre, Level 3
John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU
Tel 01865 (2)22936
Email [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
Website www.wrh.ox.ac.uk<http://www.wrh.ox.ac.uk/>

image001.gif (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Rotating ellipses around the centre

Herbie
Greetings Alice!

"I'm a bit disappointed with the latest upgrade of imageJ"

Does this mean that what you want to perform worked with a previous
version of ImageJ?
Which versions are you talking about?

"I was able to rotate an ellipse around the centre"

Do you mean an elliptical selection or a drawn ellipse?
Do you mean the centre of the ellipse or the centre of the image?

I'm able to perform both when using the current version 1.53i.

Regards

Herbie

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Am 12.05.21 um 10:26 schrieb Alice Self:

> Good morning,
>
> I'm a bit disappointed with the latest upgrade of imageJ and wanted some help - When I have previously used imageJ I was able to rotate an ellipse around the centre so it could be angled rather than only expanding along the horizontal and vertical. Is there any way around this because if the object I want to draw an ellipse around isn't perfectly horizontal the measurements I am taking with a horizontal ellipse are not as accurate....
>
> Thanks
>
> [cid:image001.gif@01CC1473.DFD45190]
> Alice Self
> Clinical Research Fellow
> University of Oxford
> Nuffield Department of Women's & Reproductive Health
> Women's Centre, Level 3
> John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU
> Tel 01865 (2)22936
> Email [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
> Website www.wrh.ox.ac.uk<http://www.wrh.ox.ac.uk/>

Re: Rotating ellipses around the centre

Dr. Michael DOUBE
Dear Alice,

Right click on the oval ROI button and select "Elliptical selections" which allows you to drag an ellipse in any direction. "Oval selections" do not behave the same way!

Michael

On 12/05/2021 16:26, Alice Self wrote:

Good morning,

I'm a bit disappointed with the latest upgrade of imageJ and wanted some help - When I have previously used imageJ I was able to rotate an ellipse around the centre so it could be angled rather than only expanding along the horizontal and vertical. Is there any way around this because if the object I want to draw an ellipse around isn't perfectly horizontal the measurements I am taking with a horizontal ellipse are not as accurate....

Thanks

[cid:image001.gif@01CC1473.DFD45190]
Alice Self
Clinical Research Fellow
University of Oxford
Nuffield Department of Women's & Reproductive Health
Women's Centre, Level 3
John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU
Tel 01865 (2)22936
Email [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:[hidden email]><mailto:[hidden email]>
Website https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.wrh.ox.ac.uk__;!!KjDnqvtInNPT!z6uUpTMrp-OaA6COeExRp5Xrh7xaxr_jxILAaXZty_O8FcjTHYcgeSVNmoBnMB85-Aw$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.wrh.ox.ac.uk/__;!!KjDnqvtInNPT!z6uUpTMrp-OaA6COeExRp5Xrh7xaxr_jxILAaXZty_O8FcjTHYcgeSVNmoBnWxn00gY$ ><https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.wrh.ox.ac.uk/__;!!KjDnqvtInNPT!z6uUpTMrp-OaA6COeExRp5Xrh7xaxr_jxILAaXZty_O8FcjTHYcgeSVNmoBnWxn00gY$>

[Jockey Club College of Veterinary Medicine and                      Life Sciences - City University of Hong Kong]

Dr. Michael Doube
BVSc, PhD, PGCert Vet Ed, FRMS

Associate Professor
Department of Infectious Diseases
and Public Health

5/F, Block 2, To Yuen Building
31 To Yuen Street
Kowloon, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 3442 5296
Fax: (852) 3442 0589
Website: www.cityu.edu.hk/ph<http://www.cityu.edu.hk/ph>

Disclaimer: This email (including any attachments) is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email and all copies from your system. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other form of unauthorized dissemination of the contents is expressly prohibited.