Measure thickness

Andreasson Anna (Research)
Hi all,
I am a new user of Image J, and I have a problem I hope someone can help me
solve. In my pictures (cross section of a coated paper), I have three
different,horizontal layers (representing coating and base paper). The
pictures are black and white tresholded images. The both outer layers are
white (coating) and the middle layer is black (base paper). I wish to
measure the thickness of these different layers in a number of positions
along the x- axis, to get a mean value of the thickness. Is this possible
with ImageJ?

Many thanks in advance,
Anna Andreasson