Re : ParticleAnalyzer

ssim
Dear list,

I am running imageJ on java 1.5. I have tried to run ParticleAnalyzer
within my plugin, but I have error message

java.lang.NullPointerException
 at ij.plugin.filter.ParticleAnalyzer.analyze(ParticleAnalyzer.java:244)

Any idea how to fix it...I am kind of desperate at the moment. I

Thanks in advance.

Stella

Re: Re : ParticleAnalyzer

Kurt De Vos
Hi,

It is difficult to say from that on line error message, but a
NullPointerException means:

from the javadoc:

Thrown when an application attempts to use null in a case where an
object is required. These include:

Calling the instance method of a null object.
Accessing or modifying the field of a null object.
Taking the length of null as if it were an array.
Accessing or modifying the slots of null as if it were an array.
Throwing null as if it were a Throwable value.
Applications should throw instances of this class to indicate other
illegal uses of the null object.

So my gues is you try to call
public boolean analyze(ImagePlus imp, ImageProcessor ip)  from
ParticleAnalyzer with either imp = null or ip = null.
which would throw a NullPointerException.

kurt

--
University of Sheffield

Tel: ++44 (0) 114 271 2473