Strange behavior

olivier-2
Hello
I have a problem with flipping vertically and adjust brightnest : changing settings flips back the image !

I can reproduce with embryo.jpg, not boats.gif.
Here is the recording with embryo.jpg sample image.

run("Embryos");
run("Flip Vertically"); //scale at top
run("Enhance Contrast", "saturated=0.35");
run("Flip Vertically"); //scale at bottom
run("Enhance Contrast", "saturated=0.35"); //works with touching any cursor or auto
The image is flip vertically. It happens only after the second flip.

Does anyone know why ?

Re: Strange behavior

Gabriel Landini
Hi,
I can reproduce the odd behaviour you mentioned, but only when doing it
manually, not when running your macro below.

I guess that the Contrast Enhance applet does not have an updated buffered
image and so when one attempts to adjust the contrast, it  updates the screen
with the old buffered version?

Cheers

Gabriel

On Thursday, 8 April 2021 13:24:33 BST you wrote:

> Hello
> I have a problem with flipping vertically and adjust brightnest : changing
> settings flips back the image !
>
> I can reproduce with embryo.jpg, not boats.gif.
> Here is the recording with embryo.jpg sample image.
>
> run("Embryos");
> run("Flip Vertically"); //scale at top
> run("Enhance Contrast", "saturated=0.35");
> run("Flip Vertically"); //scale at bottom
> run("Enhance Contrast", "saturated=0.35"); //works with touching any cursor
> or auto The image is flip vertically. It happens only after the second
> flip.
>
> Does anyone know why ?

Re: Strange behavior

Wayne Rasband-2
> On Apr 8, 2021, at 8:24 AM, olivier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello
> I have a problem with flipping vertically and adjust brightnest : changing settings flips back the image !
>
> I can reproduce with embryo.jpg, not boats.gif.
> Here is the recording with embryo.jpg sample image.
>
> run("Embryos");
> run("Flip Vertically"); //scale at top
> run("Enhance Contrast", "saturated=0.35");
> run("Flip Vertically"); //scale at bottom
> run("Enhance Contrast", "saturated=0.35"); //works with touching any cursor or auto
> The image is flip vertically. It happens only after the second flip.
>
> Does anyone know why ?

This bug with the Brightness/Contrast tool and RGB images is fixed in the latest daily build (1.53j13).

-wayne