correction of parallax (or positional discrepancy)

correction of parallax (or positional discrepancy)

naoki irie
Hello,
I'm having problem with converting images to stack with no positional
discrepancy.
Is there any plugin that I can correct parallax (or positional
discrepancy between images)
automatically?

When using "Stack Focuser", images withougt positional difference returns
the best result. But the only way I know to correct positional discrepancy
between images is to use the Photoshop and adjust them manually.
-Make images into semitransparent layer and adjust the positional
discrepancy.

If anyone who knows the plugin that solve this problem automatically,
please help me.
Thank you

Naoki Irie

Re: correction of parallax (or positional discrepancy)

Quantimétrie Centre Commun
I use to apply a linear filter made of a displacement matrix :

For instance :

0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 00 0 0 0 0

Re: correction of parallax (or positional discrepancy)

Quantimétrie Centre Commun
Sorry for my preceding message.

To move an image, I use a filter made with a displacement matrix, such as :

0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 1
0 0 0 0 0

Which has for effect to move the image rightwards of 2 pixels and downwards of 1 pixel. To get the ideal displacement, I use photoshop too.

Does it help ?

Yves Tourneur

Re: correction of parallax (or positional discrepancy)

naoki irie
Dear Dr. Sheffield , Dr.Tourneur

Thank you very much for helping me with the problem.

TurboReg   http://bigwww.epfl.ch/thevenaz/turboreg/

and

StackReg   http://bigwww.epfl.ch/thevenaz/stackreg/

worked just perfect to correct the positional discrepancies.

Naoki Irie