erase Roi

William O'Connell
Hi folks!
What's the standard way to erase an ROI drawn on an image? I had been using:
   ip.resetRoi();
   imp.updateAndDraw();
But this fails to erase the Roi sice I've updated to ImageJ 1.34s and Java 1.4.1
I am now using the kludge below:
        void eraseRoi(){
          Roi r = null;
          try{imp.setRoi(r);}
          catch(Exception e){};
          imp.updateAndDraw();
          }

thanks, Bill O'Connell

Re: erase Roi

William O'Connell
Forgot to mention, IJ is running on a WinXP system.
Bill

> Hi folks!
> What's the standard way to erase an ROI drawn on an image? I had been using:
>    ip.resetRoi();
>    imp.updateAndDraw();
> But this fails to erase the Roi sice I've updated to ImageJ 1.34s and Java 1.4.1
> I am now using the kludge below:
>         void eraseRoi(){
>           Roi r = null;
>           try{imp.setRoi(r);}
>           catch(Exception e){};
>           imp.updateAndDraw();
>           }
>
> thanks, Bill O'Connell

Re: erase Roi

William O'Connell
Many thanks to Don and wayne who pointed me to the Edit>Selection>Select None command or programatically:
               IJ.run("Select None");

Bill O'Connell

> Hi folks!
> What's the standard way to erase an ROI drawn on an image? I had been using:
>    ip.resetRoi();
>    imp.updateAndDraw();
> But this fails to erase the Roi sice I've updated to ImageJ 1.34s and Java 1.4.1
> I am now using the kludge below:
>         void eraseRoi(){
>           Roi r = null;
>           try{imp.setRoi(r);}
>           catch(Exception e){};
>           imp.updateAndDraw();
>           }
>
> thanks, Bill O'Connell

AW: erase Roi

Maximilian Loy
Hi Bill,

try:

imp.killRoi();

mfg
Max

What's the standard way to erase an ROI drawn on an image? I had been using:
   ip.resetRoi();
   imp.updateAndDraw();
But this fails to erase the Roi sice I've updated to ImageJ 1.34s and Java 1.4.1
I am now using the kludge below:
        void eraseRoi(){
          Roi r = null;
          try{imp.setRoi(r);}
          catch(Exception e){};
          imp.updateAndDraw();
          }

thanks, Bill O'Connell

 ** Confidentiality Statement and Disclaimer **

** End of Statement **

Re: AW: erase Roi

William O'Connell
Thanks, Max!